Friday, February 10, 2006

One more round to go

Well, Gil will soon be in the home stretch of the chemotherapy. Right now he is dealing with a lot of fatigue and low hemoglobin. He was given some kind of blood booster shot with this last round. His blood count was down to 11.2 (below 11 and it's no more chemo - which may or may not be a good thing). He still has prickly peach-fuzz on the head, but then again, he hasn't had a haircut since Sept.

t's been one crazy couple of days. My supervisor wouldn't give me credit for a training day Monday because I had to leave early to pick up Jason. Jason's toilet got plugged Wed. nite, and out heat went out Thurs. AM. We had to replace our entire air unit!

Please, God - NO MORE!!


Well, keep the prayers coming. Pray for Gil's hemoglobin count to go up! (that should help A LOT with the fatigue). And pray nothing else, living or non-living, breaks down on us.

207 112/64

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey little brother, your almost done. Keep your chin up, you need anything you have but to tell me and I be there for you and Carol.I love you!!! You truely are my hero!!!
With all my love,
Sis

Anonymous said...

YOU'VE GOT IT KIDS!!!

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you both all the time. I wish it could be easier for you. Please let us know if we can help!

Love & hugs,
Deah

Anonymous said...

Gil, just keep on fighting ! You will get through this treatment even though it is so damn hard ! By the way, would you mind to give a kick on your supervisor's butt and tell him or her, it was being sent all the way from Hong Kong !

Alan