Saturday, February 02, 2008

Upcoming surgery

Well, did the Disney 1/2 Marathon on Jan. 12th and finished in 2:25:02 - a little off the 2 hours I had hoped for, but not bad for a newbie (I think).
Got thru final exams and have trained my new TA's to the best of my ability. I've also lined up my sub, so everything should be ok while I'm gone. As for my time off...

Surgery is Feb. 6th sometime between 7am and 12 noon at the Mease Surgery Center (dunno where that is off hand). I have a Dr.'s note that says I should be able to return to work Feb 25th, but I'm hoping to be ready sooner.
So, knowing that you are going to have your throat cut open and part of your thyroid removed, right near your trachea and vocal chords, how do you NOT worry?

Beyond that, who knows? I'm hoping to sign up for the Harbour Heights run in Pt. Charlotte on March 8th and the Carollwood run on March 12th. I'm pretty sure I should be ok to do that.
More later....much love to all...

No comments: