Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry Christmas

We were hoping we would know something by now, but I guess it will wait until our follow-up with Dr. Ball on Jan 2nd. In the meantime, Gil is still healing. His wound looks pretty good - it's been a little red and swollen lately as the stitches are adsorbing; He overdid it a bit over the holidays - between church services, hugs, carrying gifts and all, it has left him a little sore.

We had a nice Christmas down at the folks in Pt. Charlotte. Mom & Dad helped us out with a room at Banana Bay waterfront motel - a really nice motel on the water (for sale if anyone is interested in an investment!). It was a little crowded for three of us (Danielle, Gil and I) and 2 dogs, but it wasn't bad. We got there around 11pm Christmas eve after leaving church services in Tampa around 9pm. It was Snoopy's first long overnight trip, so he was a little anxious that first night. It was fun sneaking them up to Mom & Dad's Christmas day! Sally and Brian were there (my brother & sister). I don't think we have had had Christmas together in about 13 years.That was pretty nice...brings back a lot of memories...not a single 'chubbas' comment...kind of glad, kind of missed it.

When we went to dinner, we fenced the dogs in the bathroom...Snoopy escaped and Merlyn was in complete panic by the time we got back. He may have hurt himself trying to escape as he was very tired and not willing to jump or use steps after; poor pup.

The next morning we went to iHop. OK, the night before, Gil & I said 9am, then Mom called after we were back in the room with news she made reservations for 9:15am. So in the morning, I got a little antsy, so we left just before 9am getting there at like...9:01, and they were already there. I laughed when I saw their car! I come by my 'antsy'-ness naturally.  Then, at breakfast, my brother and sister shot me with their straw wrappers. Classic. And as if that weren't enough - when Gil got his drink, he shot me with his too. He actually got a high five from my brother and a "good man" from my sister. *sigh*

Well time to get back at it until New Years; house cleaning, bookkeeping, hair cut, vet appt....yay.


Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a Happy New Year.

oh, funny little side note, for those of you who get the joke. I am not pregnant - yay mental-pause!

No comments: