Thursday, March 23, 2006

Not over yet

Well, it's not quite over yet. Gil had his PET scan last Friday (3/17 - one week after chemo; too early?) and it is still showing a reactive node along the jaw line near his right ear.

Radiation is the next step. He meets with Dr. Gauwitz on Wednesday and we'll find out how many sessions we are looking at. In the meantime, the hair is coming back (and it looks black!), his blood levels are better (no more booster shots) and things are beginning to return to normal.

Spring break is about to start and I'm going to be taking a little break by visiting my parents in Pt. Charlotte. It should be fun to do nothing for a few days - although I may pay for it when I get home (hahaha). I think it will be a welcome break for all of us... I will get some time away from the house duties for the weekend;
Jason and I get some time off from school; and hopefully Gil will get something out of it too.

Happy Spring Break everyone!

No comments: