Saturday, April 20, 2013

Getting ready...again

Well, it's been a pretty busy week, but it's about to get busier.
Last week was 10th grade FCAT for me at work. 3 sessions a day, 70 minutes each...0ver 500 kids tested...and that's just the 10th grade class!
Gil has been busy helping is parents get ready for Mom to go home from re-hab, which happened Thursday April 18th.
My mom turned 84th Thursday, so Gil & I and the dogs all went to Pt. Charlotte for a birthday dinner, overnight at Banana Bay, and breakfast this morning.
In the midst of all this we got Gil's new prep-schedule.
Gil has chemo Tuesday, April 23rd, then he/we meet with the psychologist on the 30th, CAT scan & Dr. on May 1, neupogin shots start on the 10th and apheresis on the 14th. We have received a phone call from the social worker and they are arranging for our housing to start May 10th.

OK, all that aside.
I know from looking at the stats for this blog that I get a lot of traffic from overseas. I thought maybe I was making more of an impact than I was aware of, that this was helping someone overseas. I get all of the comments by e-mail as well seeing them here - but fortunately for you dear reader, you do not see all of the comments. The 'robots' for blogger do a good job of keeping the erroneous odd comments from showing up. It is really strange when you get a comment in very bad english and it has really nothing to do with the post being commented about. "aw, thanks [name]. check out my website..." or "to better do this, you should post pictures" on a post that didn't require pictures. All of these type of comments have a website attached. So annoying - why do they really bother?

There was one that did make me think - they were asking for advice on writing a blog. If that one is/was real - all I can say is just do it. I'm no expert at blog writing. I'd like to think my background of creative writing helps, but - mostly this is just for my family & friends to stay updated on Gil's condition and any other great adventures that come our way. If it really does help someone who is dealing with cancer or whatever in life - well, that's just icing!

love to all.
hmmm....maybe someday I'll start a story thru here. that could be interesting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you both. Please key me know if there is anything you need.

Jessica said...

Praying!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the birthday get together...love you both...pray every day MOM

Anonymous said...

I think of you guys every day. If there is anything I can do let me know. Will continue to pray.

Kendra