Saturday, April 06, 2013

Rough week

The first 24 hours after Gil's treatment (Tuesday) wasn't too bad, but later Wednesday evening, after his booster shot, it started to hit - nausea, chills, shortness of breath, backache.
No vomiting and his hair is still growing, but his appetite and level of activity were definitely diminished.

He is sleeping harder bur is feeling much better today. We managed to put some dirt in the backyard to fill in where Snoopy had run ruts into the ground from playing.

My first week back to school was filled with a lot of surprised staff & students, and a lot of testing. I think they are glad I'm back for testing, because I was left with a lot of testing responsibilities (like I had a choice? It is in my room, after all). 8 weeks of testing - yay! Oh the places I could go with that, but that may be a different post.

Gil has a Dr. appointment Tuesday for blood work; I'll be curious about his white cell count. There is also an appointment at Moffitt for the Apheresis on May 14, which is sooner than I figured, but that will be based on his next CAT scan, which has not been scheduled yet. BUT one thing at a time....have to get thru his next chemo treatment first (April 23).



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All we can say is..prayers and love for a better tomorrow....from Mom & Dad H