Friday, June 21, 2013

not normal yet

Well, of course, our normalcy is called into question everyday, but in this case I am speaking of Gil's blood work.

Visited the doc's office for blood work yesterday. His white cells went from 2.3 to 3.0 this week with the normal range starting at 4.2. Red cells and hemoglobin are also just slightly low 3.96 of 4.3 and 11.7 of 14 respectively and platelets are UP...165, normal is 140+!!

Today he posted on FB: Well Facebook friends, got my blood tested yesterday. All my numbers keep going up. I actually walked a mile today, I'm tired, but I feel pretty good. Improving everyday, just keeping y'all in the loop.

It's getting there. He's trying to get in some exercise when he's up for it, sometimes daily activities are enough.

Next week he will actually see Dr. Ball and I think she'll be real happy with his progress. Not sure when he will no longer be considered immuno-compromised, but we are taking everything one step at a time (little bit of ice in his drinks when ordering out).



This week was VBS at church, so I went on Monday to make sure all equipment was working and there were no technical difficulties, ran the computer for closing and the next couple of days. VBS is always an adventure. Next week ...who knows...hopefully we'll find some routine.

No comments: