Monday, January 23, 2006

Blood Work

Well, sorry I have been so remiss in keeping up here.
Gil has been pretty tired lately. As it turns out his hemoglobin is low...12.5; it needs to be at 13 or above for him to be able to have his chemo this week. He needs to get rest (yeah, right...if you know Gil, he hasn't slowed down much) and ...I'm not sure what, but I'm going to try to get him to take some iron pills this week. I know he's not really into leafy greens, so that's the best I can do.

He still hasn't quite shaved his head. He keeps meaning to, but the between his business and the hairstylist next to his shop, it's just been to busy. So everyday, I wait to see if he comes home shaved. His hair is very sparse - his eyebrows have thinned alot, it takes better than a week for any growth to even be felt on his face; the biggest thing we have noticed are some body odors and uncontrolled sweating around the mouth (maybe more than should be known, but...).

OK, well, now that I have overshared...

This week we have chemo coming up, if all is good with his blood count. Gil is hoping to talk the Dr. down to only 2 more treatments, but I'm not sure it's going happen...but I suppose if everything is really going better than anyone hoped for...who knows what could happen.
I will hope to have some happy news this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol!

We continue to pray as a family for Gil every day without fail.

God bless you and Gil for your courage and faith.