Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!!!

It’s 11:58 pm on Dec. 31st. I’m about to ring in the new year sitting on my front porch, sparkling grape juice at my feet (and I just set my glass on a slug – eww), David’s next to me and Merlyn is on a leash. The fog has rolled in - or is it smoke from the fireworks?
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Ah – fireworks, sirens, whining dog whom David just took for a little walk. I hear distant voices probably wishing everyone a Happy New Year. Gil is asleep, Jason is playing Chinese chess and David made it back awefully quick from a walk down the street. I’m truly surprised Merlyn isn’t barking.
Well, I suppose I should be getting off to bed. Hopefully this next year will be better – no more hurricanes, no major sicknesses, Jason will be heading off to college….all I can ask for is a slightly more calm and quiet new year.
God bless.

K-bang – that one was close!

C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God bless you, and hold you hand this next year....Love from all MOM

Anonymous said...

We all know it is tough to go through the medications. It is a matter of support from everyone and show all our confidence in this treatment. We care and pray from Hong Kong ! Just hang in there ! Bill and Carol !