Monday, December 19, 2005

Another weekend down...

As I am writing this I am listening to a Chinese Christmas song (Lonely Christmas?) and watching Jason eat fried eggs (that I made...and am getting quite good at now).

Today is the first real day of our winter break and I have already cleaned our master bathroom & bedroom, changed sheets...etc....

Gil's weekend was ok. I'm beginning to wonder if every treatment is going to be different. Friday he got his booster shot and no side effects other than being tired. Later in the evening he started to get a bad taste in his mouth. Saturday morning he did the usual morning thing of using the restroom and tried to come back to bed, but in seconds was using his bucket and running into the bathroom. His nausea seems to have been rather sudden this weekend. Rather than feeling like he had the flu, he was fine...then he'd be sick suddenly for a few minutes! He had to leave service twice on Sunday...fortunately it was after he was done playing (I think!). I guess it's a good thing it's only dry heaves.

Did I mention the nurses were surprised he still had his hair? Now, I have a theory about that. I think he is losing hair at a normal rate...you know, we all lose some hair everyday...I just don't think it's growing back like normal. SO...by the end of these 4 months, he may still have a full head of hair, just a little thinner.

Some thing I've discovered. The roll of doggie bags that I use when I take the dogs for a walk (you can buy them at pet stores) make better barf bags than grocery bags do.

Next time, though, we have to try something to relieve some intestinal distress he is dealing with after treatment. A little fiber therapy.

Ok, more than anyone really wants to know, I'm sure. Well, better get on with my day. Gotta take the boy to change over a bank account and get his haircut. Gotta love "vacation".

No comments: