Friday, December 09, 2005

Latest tests

Thursdays blood tests were good. I guess that means that his cell counts are still relatively normal. Today he had a pet scan (I guess, from what he has told me he fell asleep in the tube) and echocardiogram.

Now, I guess I need to do some research, because I'm confused with all these scans. His first CaT scan (which originally I was told he was going in for an MRI), he was given a shot of iodine and then his head and neck were scanned with what he calls a "stargate" type machine...I guess a circular machine that he goes in and out of like a copier. 2nd time, he had to drink 2 shakes (barium?) before his full body scan. Now with the PET scan, he was in a tube. I'm very curious about the differences.

Well, next week:
Tuesday, he meets the radiologist (12/13) and finds out the treatment plan there.
Thursday (12/15) is his second chemo treatment, so we expect a rough weekend.
By then, I guess we will know the results of the PET scan and echo. Hopefully all is really normal with his heart and there are no more infected areas.

I just can't wait for the end of next week. I know for Gil it means feeling sick all weekend, but for me it's the beginning of winter break from school. I need it...we need it. As the holiday approaches, the kids get nuttier and more annoying!

If Gil gives me more details, I may edit this a bit later. 'Till then...
C'Ya!

No comments: